Organization page of the 2009 SCM Bash
Wir werden verschiedene SCMs (Source Code Management-Systeme) vorstellen und miteinander vergleichen.
Kontakt: dlevin (at) cs.tu-berlin de
Time and Venue
Freitag, 24.04.2009, 17:00 - 19:00
TEL Auditorium 2 (20 Stock)
|System / Title of the talk||Speaker||Talk||Slides||Material|
|CVS||Rainer May||German||German||rainer at net.t-labs.tu-berlin.de|
|Subversion (svn)||Dan Levin||English||English||Slides (PDF)||dlevin at cs.tu-berlin.de|
|Bazaar (bzr)||Jörg Brühe||German||English||Slides (PDF)||joerg.bruehe at sun.com|
|Git||Sebastian Pipping||German||English||Slides (PDF), Sources (LaTeX)||sebastian at pipping.org|
|Mercurial - as an alternative to git||Bjørn Lindeijer||English||English||Slides (PDF)||bjorn lindeijer nl|
Info for Speakers
- Please decide on a language for your talk (English or German).
- Is your talk going to have an interactive component or be a workshop where users can work along?
- Talks should be no longer than 20 min + 10 min for additional material/questions in the event we have fewer than 5 talks.
- Assume users have basic knowledge of SCM. What makes YOUR SCM interesting/different/better/worse/more desirable?
- Approx 28 audience members in attendance.
- Advertisments should have gone up earlier
- Book a larger room
- Email addresses of speakers should have been collected on sign-up
- More coordination needed among distributed scm presenters to avoid redundancy in presented material and improve audience's ability to compare and contrast the systems
- Overall, the event ran quite smoothly and it appeared everyone was pleased
- Are there any plans for publishing the slides? (Yes, see top)
"I enjoyed it. I didn't notice anything that went bad or wrong.
If you have similar events / talks / presentations in the future, I would like to hear of them; and if I feel competent in the subject, I would offer talks like this one."