Code of Conduct
Seit Anfang 2018 hat die Freitagsrunde, initiiert durch SoftwareCraftTUBerlin, einen Code of Conduct, bislang nur auf Englisch.
Purpose and Usage
The purpose of this Code of Conduct is to establish a space to have awesome events, where everyone feels safe and welcome. In order to ensure that, this Code of Conduct provides organizers with a list of behaviours, that are definitely unacceptable, to avoid discussions, if someone behaves in such a way.
Simultaneously, it is also meant to tell potential attendees what kind of behaviour we encourage and find unacceptable, so they can feel safe while attending.
We invite all those who participate in our events to help us create safe and positive experiences, for everyone.
If you are attending one of our events, please read this Code of Conduct, and act in accordance with it. If you are unsure/insecure about any part of this document, you may approach the event organizers.
If you are an organizer at one of our events, this Code of Conduct ist meant to provide you with a list of of behaviours, we deem definitely unacceptable, to avoid discussions in the heat of the moment.
Simultaneously, it provides a list of the kind of behaviour we want to encourage. This is, however, not a static system, where for any given action there is a defined solution. If you feel that your particular case is not sufficently covered, you are free to find a solution that's in line with the purpose of this CoC. If you find this difficult, you may bring this question to the attention of the Freitagsrunde meeting, and we'll find a solution together.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech (see next paragraph for examples. But if in doubt, cut it out!).
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert event organisers if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
- Ask before touching anyone or their personal belongings.
Unacceptable behaviors include: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions at all our events and in related one-on-one communications, including online.
- nudity and/or sexual images (including presentation slides)
- inappropriate depictions of violence (including presentation slides)
- deliberate intimidation, stalking or following
- harassing photography or recording
- sustained disruption of talks or other events
- intentional or repeated misgendering
- inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from the Event without warning.
If You Witness or Are Subject to Unacceptable Behavior
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify an event organizer as soon as possible.
If you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this Code of Conduct, you should write an email to info@freitagsrunde with a concise description of your grievance.
This Code of Conduct applies to all events hosted by the Freitagsrunde which are open to the public.
License and attribution
This Code of Conduct is distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license. It is based on the Berlin Code of Conduct and the Queer Code Code of Conduct.